Wordy Wednesday

On the avenue, Fifth Avenue,
The photographers will snap us
And you’ll find that you’re in the rotogravure.

How many of you sang this song every Easter, and never gave a thought to the last word is this phrase?  Me, for one.  Well, I finally looked it up, and you, dear readers, benefit!


noun: rotogravure
  1. a printing system using a rotary press with intaglio cylinders, typically running at high speed and used for long print runs of magazines and stamps.
      a sheet or magazine printed by rotogravure, especially the color magazine of a Sunday newspaper.
      plural noun: rotogravures
early 20th century: from German Rotogravur, part of the name of a printing company.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s